Why a Career / Interview Coach?
Did you know that most college students fail to prepare or launch their careers after graduation? A study conducted by The Center on Education and the Workforce at Georgetown University found that colleges are poorly preparing graduates for the workforce.
Consider these facts:
- Only 14% of college seniors have career related jobs lined up after graduation (aftercollege.com).
- Only 25% of students could parlay their internship into a full-time job.
- Up to 50% of students surveyed by uPromise expected to be supported financially by their parents for up to twenty-four months!
- 40% of young adults who find work after college are underemployed.
- Roughly 25% of students say that they were able to parlay an internship into a real job.
- Over 50% percent of HR professionals list “unprofessional” and “unprepared” as the top two reasons new graduates don’t get hired.
Let Interview IQ help you prepare for your job search and the interview process